Thanksgiving is arguably the best holiday of the year. It’s all about giving thanks and enjoying a huge communal meal with loved ones. But it’s a lot of work to get a meal of such epic proportions on the table. Which is why, as much as we love reinvented Thanksgiving leftovers, we don’t want to be back in the kitchen making a time-consuming pot pie or turkey tetrazzini the very next day. Keep it simple yet spectacular with this 15-minute Thanksgiving leftover panini with cranberry goat cheese.
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 slices sourdough bread
1 tablespoon goat cheese
1 tablespoon leftover cranberry sauce
2 slices roasted turkey breast or about 1/2 cup shredded leftover roast turkey
1/4 cup leftover stuffing
3 tablespoons leftover sweet potato casserole or mashed sweet potatoes
1. Turn on the Cuisinart Griddler. Select “Grill” and set to 425°F (212°C).
2. While the Griddler is preheating, prepare the sandwich. Brush olive oil evenly on one side of each piece of bread.
3. Mix together the goat cheese and cranberry sauce until fully combined. Spread on the non-oiled side of 1 slice of bread.
4. Top with turkey, then stuffing. Spread the sweet potato on the non-oiled side of the other slice of bread and close the sandwich.
5. Transfer the assembled sandwich to the back of the hot grill. Close the Griddler and set the count-up timer. Press down on the Griddler handle and hold for 1 minute, then cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the bread is nicely browned.
6. Remove from the Griddler, cut in half, and serve.